The Lord of Terror has begun his demonic crusade to shackle YouTube viewers into unholy slavery. Watch our new TV spot now, and prepare for your journey into the depths of Sanctuary on 05.15.12.
The battlefields of World of Warcraft are littered with the bones of those who have become casualties in the ongoing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance. You do not need to become one of them. One of the keys to victory is knowledge, and that is where the World of Warcraft War College enters the picture. In these discussions between players, you can learn and share strategies with other players to improve your tactics and improve your odds of emerging victorious from the field of battle.
Are you a veteran Gladiator with countless victories tallied? Are you new to World of Warcraft and striving to improve your PvP skills? In this weekly feature, we invite players of all skill levels to ask questions, share tips and tactics, and join a conversation dedicated to surviving and thriving in World of Warcraft PvP.
Don’t forget to up-vote forum posts that are on-topic and helpful!
This week, the topic of discussion is:
Interrupts - Stopping hard casts is an essential element of PvP combat in World of Warcraft. How do you ensure that your interrupts aren’t wasted? As a spell caster, what techniques do you use to make sure that your important spells aren’t interrupted?
At the completion of scheduled server maintenance during the week of April 30, the “Power of the Aspects” spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 20%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.
Don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects? The spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.
We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to down that next boss.
New Warcraft Fan Art
The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with four new pieces of fan artwork.
Art Gallery Update
New World of Warcraft Fan Wallpaper
New World of Warcraft Comic
We've spent eight years adding awesome community comics to our Comics section, but we're far from finished. We're looking for the best new World of Warcraft comics to become front page news on our site, and we’d love to have your help, whether you're a seasoned contributor or a first-time cartoonist. If you’d like to have your comic displayed on our website, submit it here.
Did you know?... Submitting Media. Many of the best updates found on our website each week were created by you! Fan Art, Screenshots, Wallpapers, and Comics all come from player submissions, and we want to thank you for your wonderful contributions.
Be sure to give a shout-out to your favorite pieces in the comments below.
It’s a confirmed kill! Garuda has officially been toppled from atop her roost in the Howling Eye, her wings clipped and her plumage plucked! The time of death has been released, and we are happy to announce the winners of the Predict the Fall of Garuda contest!
For all the details, dive head first into the eye of the storm!
We’re pleased to present Battle.net Mobile Alerts; a free and optional self-help service that will allow you to manage your Battle.net account using any text-enabled cell phone with a data plan.
This new service will allow you to use your mobile phone to:
- Unlock your Battle.net account
- Remove an unwanted authenticator
- Recover your account name
- Reset your password
In addition, you can turn on alerts to have text messages sent directly to your phone alerting you of any suspicious activity, password changes, and security feature additions or removals.
These text messages are a free* and easy way to further protect your account from unauthorized access and changes!
For more information on Battle.net Mobile Alerts and instructions on how to set it up, visit the Battle.net Mobile Alerts page and FAQ.
*Your phone carrier's standard rate for received text messages may apply.
Children's Week is here! Taking place once a year in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Dalaran, and Shattrath City, this week-long celebration is a time to give back to the innocents orphaned by war.
This year, the holiday will begin on April 29 and will end on May 5. Take an orphan under your wing, perform the tasks you are presented with and you’ll show one of Azeroth’s children that you care (and be rewarded with a special in-game pet to boot).
Many orphans wish they had someone special to show them the wonders of the world. Throughout the year, they often spend their time wandering around their home cities of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, dreaming of the day they'll be old enough (and big enough) to venture out into the world to see the sights their parents would have shown them.
During Children's Week, brave heroes of the Horde and the Alliance can make these kids' dreams come true! Visit your faction’s local orphanage to take one of these children on a whirlwind adventure around the world.
When: April 29 - May 5th
- Alliance: Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind
- Horde: Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar
- All Factions: Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City, Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran.
Learn More: Wowhead
- Visit famous landmarks with one of Azeroth’s orphans by your side, embark on adventures across the lands of Azeroth, and bring your young friend back to the orphanage.
Children's Week in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor
Many orphans wish they had someone special to show them the wonders of the world. Throughout the year, these children spend their time wandering around their home cities of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, dreaming of the day they'll be old enough (and big enough) to venture out into the world and see the sights their parents would have shown them. During Children's Week, brave adventurers of the Horde and the Alliance can make these kids' dreams come true! Visit your faction’s local orphanage to take one of these children on a whirlwind adventure around the world. Talk to either Orphan Matron Nightingale in Stormwind (Alliance) or Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar (Horde). After that, you’ll be able to take your young friend on an adventure across Azeroth.
- Mr. Wiggles - summoned with the Piglet's Collar, this cute piglet is one of the reward options available from your faction capital city quest.
- Whiskers - summoned with the Rat Cage, this cute baby rat is one of the reward options available from your faction capital city quest.
- Speedy - summoned with the Turtle Box, this cute baby turtle is one of the reward options available from your faction capital city quest.
- Scooter - summoned with the Snail Shell, this adorable baby snail is one of the reward options available from your faction capital city quest.
Children's Week in Shattrath
The orphans of Shattrath's Lower City, victims of the war that rages across Outland, also need company and adventure. Talk to Orphan Matron Mercy to offer one of Shattrath’s orphans the adventure of a lifetime as you embark on an adventure across Outland and learn a little about your ward along the way.
The outcome of the ongoing battle against the Burning Legion may one day lie in the hands of these children, so a little encouragement, or a push in the right direction, could make all the difference in the world.
- Egbert - summoned with the Egbert's Egg, this cute baby hawkstrider is one of the reward options available from the “Back to the Orphanage” quest, which begins with Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City.
- Peanut - summoned with the Elekk Training Collar, this cute baby elekk is one of the reward options available from the “Back to the Orphanage” quest, which begins with Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City.
- Sleepy Willy - this baby floating eye will occasionally wake from his nap to kill a nearby creature classified in the game as a "critter." He is one of the reward options available from the “Back to the Orphanage” quest, which begins with Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City.
- Legs - this cute baby Spore Walker is one of the reward options available from the “Back to the Orphanage” quest, which begins with Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City.
Children's Week in Dalaran
The orphans of Northrend need your help. For less than the cost of a cup of Kungaloosh, you can sponsor an unfortunate orphan like little Roo or Kekek. Simply contact Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran to pledge your time and show one of these children that you care. You can make all the difference in the life of a young Oracle or Wolvar. Act now!Pet Rewards
- Curious Oracle Hatchling - this little companion can be obtained during Northrend Children's Week by completing a quest chain.
- Curious Wolvar Pup - this little companion can be obtained during Northrend Children's Week by completing a quest chain.
- Achievements: Children's Week currently offers a total of 110 achievement points, split over seven achievements and one meta-achievement. *Please note that achievement objectives between the Horde and Alliance are nearly the same, though there are some minor differences.
- Titles: Matron or Patron, depending on the gender of your character, granted for completing the meta-achievement “For the Children.”
Check out our Children’s Week screenshot gallery.
Heads up! The current Recruit-A-Friend reward mount, the experimental X-53 Touring Rocket, will soon be cycled out of the RAF program. If you’ve always wanted a Touring Rocket, but haven’t snagged one yet, this is your last chance to get one by bringing a friend to World of Warcraft.
While we don’t have an official launch date to reveal for the new Recruit-A-Friend mount, we wanted to give you an early heads up that the changeover will be happening “soon” (TM). You have a few weeks to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket before it goes away.